The Village of Scio is located in the North Central portion of Harrison at the junctions of State Routes 151 and 646. The village was established as New Market 1837 and incorporated in 1867 as Scio which means "to know.". The village has a population of 799 as determined in the 2000 census.
Restaurants: Hugo's, The Restaurant, Pangrazio's Spaghetti & Pizza, B&F Dairy Bar
Attractions: Scio Museum, Conotton Creek Trail
Amenities: Scio Branch - Puskarich Public Library
Annual Festivals: Scio VFD Street Fair - Third Week in August
Churches: Abundant Life Assembly of God, Hanover United Methodist Church, Ridge Presbyterian Church, Scio Church of the Nazarene, Scio Presbyterian Church, Scio United Methodist Church