The Village of Hopedale is located in the Eastern Central portion of Harrison at the junctions of U.S. Route 22/State Route 151 and State Route 646. The village was established in 1849 as Green and incorporated as Hopedale in 1851. The village has a population of 984 as determined in the 2000 census.
Major Area Businesses/Employers: Wood's Food Center, Comet Printing, The Gable House, The Gable Care Center, Hare Blacktopping
Restaurants: Capraro's Restaurant & Lounge, Ferraro's Pizza Shop, Lou's Famous Fish
Attractions: Bluegrass In The Hills Festival during the summer, Motorcyclists Memorial, Coffee Cake Winery, Castle Shannon Golf Course
Churches: Church of Christ, Hopedale United Methodist Church, Order of the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts of Jesus & Mary, Presbyterian Church of Hopedale