Cadiz Junction is located in the Eastern Central portion of Harrison County at the convergence of U.S. Routes 22 and 250, and State Route off Route 646. Cadiz Junction was first platted as Means and later became known as Cadiz Junction. It was located at the junction of the main line of the Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and St. Louis Railroad (Pennsylvania Railroad), with a branch line from the village of Cadiz. Cadiz Junction was also known as Means because it was the name of the Post Office at that location.
An Historic Marker is placed at the site, where on February 14, 1861, Abraham Lincoln stopped for breakfast on his train trip to his inauguration. General George Armstrong Custer, President Andrew Johnson, General Ulysses Grant, and Admiral Farragut were also served meals in James Cady's "well-known eating place."